Committed to catering to you.
Always adapting to change.
The Kenney is West Seattle’s only continuing care retirement community. We first opened our doors to residents in 1909 and since then we’ve continually adapted to the market’s growing demands.
Today, we offer a variety of living options. Through our full continuum of care, seniors have access to health care, housing, and services which promote optimum health while preserving dignity and respect in a Christian environment.
The estate of Seattle pioneers Samuel and Jessie Kenney called for creation of what they deemed “a home for the aged” providing “shelter, care and comforts of home.” A dedicated Board of Trustees spent the next decade carrying out the couple’s plans. Incorporated on June 20, 1901, the Samuel and Jessie Kenney Presbyterian Retirement Home housed its first residents in various locations owned by the Kenney estate, primarily in what is now downtown Seattle.
Today, we continually evaluate the needs and desires of our residents and our community. In 2015 The Kenney merged with Heritage Ministries for additional stability. Through this partnership, we can ensure that it’s well positioned for future stability and growth. We’re proud to say that what started out as one couple’s dream is now one of most respected not-for-profit retirement communities in the region, if not the nation.